Faizan Dosani, Nawaz Hakam, Aman Vyawahare, Swanand Patharkar, Kalpak Gajbhiye
Faizan Dosani*, Nawaz Hakam, Aman Vyawahare, Swanand Patharkar, Kalpak Gajbhiye
Department of Pharmaceutics, P.R. Pote Patil College of Pharmacy, Kathora Road,
Amravati – 444604, Maharashtra India.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2022
Literature survey reveals that few spectrophotometric, high performance liquid chromatographic (HPLC) and High Performance Thin Layer Chromatographic (HPTLC) methods were reported for the estimation of Flavoxate HCl in single and in combined dosage forms. But there is no any stability indicating UV spectroscopic study is reported for Flavoxate in single dosage form. So the present study was aimed to development of simple, accurate, rapid and economical UV-spectrophotometric stability indicating assay method were established for the determination of Flavoxate HCl in bulk and tablet formulation. The solvent was selected for stock solution preparation is water and required concentrations were prepared by using the same solvent. The ?max for detection of Flavoxate HCl is 211nm. In this method Flavoxate followed linearity in the concentrations of 1, 3, 5, 7, 9µg/ml with regression coefficient (r2) 0.999. The percent drug content was found to be 98.81±0.39 for FLV in tablet formulation. Recovery study results of FLV ranges from 99.11 to 100.49%. The method was found to be accurate and precise, as indicate by recovery studies as recoveries were close to 100% and %RSD is less than 2. Inter-day and intraday variation was found to be 0.75 and 0.45%, respectively. The LOD and LOQ values were found to be 0.719µg/ml and 2.186µg/ml, respectively. The stability study of Flavoxate was investigated when the drug was subjected to hydrolytic, peroxide, heat and photolytic (UV and sunlight) degradation. The results express that the Flavoxate is under thermal and photolytic (sunlight and UV light) conditions are more stable. In acidic, basic and hydrogen peroxide conditions Flavoxate is degraded in higher amount.
Cite this article:
Faizan Dosani, Nawaz Hakam, Aman Vyawahare, Swanand Patharkar, Kalpak Gajbhiye. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating Method of UV-Spectrophotometry for the Estimation of Flavoxate in Bulk and Tablet Dosage form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2022; 12(1):6-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2022.00002
Faizan Dosani, Nawaz Hakam, Aman Vyawahare, Swanand Patharkar, Kalpak Gajbhiye. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating Method of UV-Spectrophotometry for the Estimation of Flavoxate in Bulk and Tablet Dosage form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2022; 12(1):6-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2022.00002 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-1-2
1. Suganthi A, Ravi TK. Stability indicating HPLC method for simultaneous determination of diacerein and aceclofenac. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010; 3(2):600-3.
2. Malviya VR, Pande SD, Bobade NN. Preparation and Evaluation of Sustained Release Beads of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019;12(12): 5972-6.
3. Malviya V, Manekar S. Design, Development and Evaluation of Aceclofenac and Curcumin Agglomerates by Crystallo Co-Agglomeration Technique. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021 Mar 1; 14(3): 1535-41.
4. Raju NA, Begum S. Simultaneous RP-HPLC method for the estimation of the emtricitabine, tenofovir disoproxil fumerate and efavirenz in tablet dosage forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(4): 522-5.
5. Malviya V. Preparation and Evaluation of Emulsomes as a Drug Delivery System for Bifonazole. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2021 Jan 1;55(1): 86-94.
6. Pulla RP, Sastry BS, Prasad YR, Raju NA. Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin HCl and Sitagliptin Phosphate in Tablet Dosage Forms by RP-HPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011; 4(4): 646-9.
7. Kumar VK, Raju NA, Begum S, Rao JS, Satyanarayana T. The estimation of Gefitinib in tablet dosage forms by RP-HPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2009;2(2): 341-3.
8. Dhongle PS, Sahare SJ, Dhongle SS, Mundhey AS, Wate SP. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Phenylpropanolamine Hydrochloride in Tablet Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011;4(9): 1471-4.
9. Pingale P, Singasane T. Development and validation of HPLC method for the determination of pregabalin in bulk and in pharmaceutical formulations. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012;5(6): 829-33.
10. Rele RV, Parab JM, Mhatre VV, Warkar CB. Simultaneous rp-hplc determination of diclofenac potassium and famotidine in pharmaceutical preparations. Research Journal of Pharmacy and technology. 2011;4(4):638-41.
11. Malviya VR, Pande SD. Road CKN. Preparation ad Evaluation of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride Lozenge. J Pharma Res. 2019;8(8): 624-9.
12. Nagavalli D, Sankar AS, Anandakumar K, Vetrichelvan T, Balaji M. Estimation of metaxalone in bulk and in tablet dosage form by rp-hplc. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010;3(2): 409-11.
13. Malviya V, Thakur Y, Gudadhe SS, Tawar M. Formulation and evaluation of natural gum based fast dissolving tablet of Meclizine hydrochloride by using 3 factorial design 2. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2020;6(2): 94-100.
14. Kulsum S, Sagar GV, Padmalatha M. Validated RP-HPLC Method for the Quantitation of Candesartan in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011;4(6): 997-8.
15. Malviya V, Ladhake V, Gajbiye K, Satao J, Tawar M. Design and Characterization of Phase Transition System of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride for Nasal Drug Delivery System. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2020 May 31;13(3): 4942-51.
16. Malviya VR, Tawar MG. Preparation and Evaluation of Oral Dispersible Strips of Teneligliptin Hydrobromide for Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2020 Jan 31;13(1): 4745-52.