Two chemometric methods PLS and PCR were used to simultaneously estimate Ofloxacin and Ornidazole in binary mixtures. Mean centering is used as a preprocessing tool and then PLS and PCR models were built with help of calibration and validation set. These methods showed good results for validation parameters including accuracy, precision, linearity, robustness etc. at the same time lower values of RMSEP, PRESS and RMSECV shows statistical significance of the developed methods. Results show that multivariate calibrations techniques can be successfully used to analyses Ofloxacin and Ornidazole in pharmaceutical formulations.
Cite this article:
A. S. Sutar, M. B. Mangsule. Application of PLS and PCR as Multivariate Calibration Techniques for Simultaneous Estimation of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole in Binary Mixtures. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2022; 12(4):228-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2022.00037
A. S. Sutar, M. B. Mangsule. Application of PLS and PCR as Multivariate Calibration Techniques for Simultaneous Estimation of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole in Binary Mixtures. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2022; 12(4):228-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2022.00037 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-4-2
1. Manisha Puranik et.al, Simultaneous Determination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole in Solid Dosage Form by RP-HPLC and HPTLC Techniques, Indian J. Pharm. Sci., 2010, 72 (4): 513-517.
2. P. V. Rege and P. A. Sathe, simultaneous quantification of ofloxacin and ornidazole in combined drug formulation by a simple electro-analytical technique. IJPSR, 2011; Vol. 2(8): 2226-2231.
3. Patel DM, Soneji JA, Patel PB, Patel CN. Development and validation of a method for simultaneous estimation of ofloxacin and ornidazole in different dissolution media Pharm Methods 2012; 3:102-5.
4. Kishor Chikhalia et al, Simultaneous Estimation of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole in Combined Dosage Forms by Dual Wavelength and Ratio Spectra Derivative Methods using UV-Spectrophotometer Int. J. Pharm Tech Res.2012,4 (3).
5. Gandhi et al, Development of UV-Spectrophotometric method for the quantitative estimation of ofloxacin and ornidazole in combined liquid oral dosage form by simultaneous equation method. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry, IJRPC 2013, 3(1)
6. Sumithra M, Attah Samuel Attah, Gnana Sowndariya, Determination of chromatographic assay and validation of ofloxacin in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form., Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 11, Special Issue 4, 2018, 98-101.
7. D’Souza K, Syeda A, Khatal P, Muddukrishna BS, Vasantharaju SG. Stability Indicating Assay Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole by RP-HPLC in Bulk: An Application to Tablet Formulation and Dissolution Studies Indian J of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2021;55 (2):607-13.
8. H. Martens and T. Naes, Multivariate Calibration, Wiley, Chichester, 1988.
9. H. Wold, H. Martens, and S. Wold, in: A. Ruhe and B. Kagstrom (Eds.), Multivariate Calibration Problems in Chemistry Solved by PLS, Heidelberg, (1983) 286