During the last few years, the pharmacy profession has expand significantly in terms of professional services delivery and now has been recognized as an important profession in the multidisciplinary provision of health care. The paper highlights the current scenario the Pharmacy profession in health care system. Pharmacist is a backbone that strengthens to health care system. Different roles of Pharmacist in different sectors of pharmacy profession like Industrial, academics, community health, clinical research, drug design and discovery, developing NDDS etc. In nutshell pharmacist play an integral part of health care system. “Physician gives medicine to the patients but life to medicine given by pharmacist”.
Cite this article:
Thorat D B. A Review on Role of Pharmacist in Current Healthcare Scenrio. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(4):281-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00048
Thorat D B. A Review on Role of Pharmacist in Current Healthcare Scenrio. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(4):281-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00048 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-4-6
1. Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence by B.S. Kuchekar.
2. Health Education and Community Pharmacy by P.C. Pandya, Z.Y.K. Zafer.
3. Drug Store and Business Management by Mohammed Ali., Jyoti Gupta.
4. Health Education and Community Pharmacy by S. Khurana, P. Suresh, R. Kalsi.
5. Hospital Pharmacy by H.P. Tipnis, Amrita Balaji.
6. News Paper “Aamhi Pharmacist”, “Pharmacist Times”, “Aushadh Nirmata Doot”.
7. Remington’s Pharmaceutical Sciences. Available at: http://www.unmc.edu/ruprihealth/
8. British Pharmaceutical Conference held in 1963.
9. The role of Pharmacist in health care system report by WHO consultative group New Delhi 13-16 December1988.
10. Patel P R. Pharmacist in health care system. The Indian pharmacist January 2005; 29-34.
11. Walker R. Pharmaceutical public health: the end of pharmaceutical care? Pharmaceutical Journal.2000; 264:340-2.
12. Sheth P D, Pabrai P R. A report: on challenges and opportunities for Pharmacists in Health Care in India. FIPWHO Forum of National Pharmaceutical Associations for South East Asia Region 2007; 1-45.
13. Nirupama. Need for a change in Community Pharmacy system in India. Pharmainfo.net. March 2005.
14. Jean Smith. Community pharmacist. AGCAS Sector December 2003:1-4. Available at www.prospects.ac.uk/links/SectorBs .
15. Eniojukan J F, Adeniyi A. Community Pharmacists and primary healthcare programme. Nig J Pharm 1997; 28(2): 21–24.
16. Keith Wilson. Changing Community Pharmacy Roles: The Educational Challenges. EAFP Madrid 2007:1-24.
17. Rue du Luxembourg. Community Pharmacists and Public Health–Did you know? PGEU Pharmacy Factsheet 2003: 1- 4. Available at www.pgeu.org
18. The Role of Pharmacists in Health Care British Columbia pharmacy association October 2002:1-2.
19. The Role of pharmacist in the healthcare system; Report of a WHO consultative group New Delhi, India, 13-16 December 1988.