Chaitanya A. Gulhane, Wrushali A. Panchale, Jagdish V. Manwar, Ravindra L. Bakal
Chaitanya A. Gulhane1, Wrushali A. Panchale1, Jagdish V. Manwar2*, Ravindra L. Bakal1
1IBSS’s Dr. Rajendra Gode Institute of Pharmacy, Mardi Road, Amravati - 444602, MS, India.
2IBSS’s Dr. Rajendra Gode College of Pharmacy, Mardi Road, Amravati - 444602, MS, India.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
A new simple, reproducible and efficient liquid chromatographic method (RP-HPLC) was developed for simultaneous estimation of thiocolchicoside and etoricoxib for tablet formulation. Formulation containing thiocolchicoside and etoricoxib is used as analgesic. Separation was achieved by Nucleosil (4.6mm I.D × 250 mm) C18 column with mobile phase consist of Acetonitrile: water (0.05% Orthophosphoric acid V/V) in the ratio 25:75 at flow rate 0.7ml . The detection was carried out at 220nm. The retention time of thiocolchicoside and etoricoxib was found to be 3.75 min and 6.13 min respectively. Linearity of THC and ETR was found to be in the range of 2-10µg/mL and 30-150µg/mL. Percent recovery obtained for THC and ETR were 99.98% and 99.69% respectively. The method was validated as per ICH guidelines.
Cite this article:
Chaitanya A. Gulhane, Wrushali A. Panchale, Jagdish V. Manwar, Ravindra L. Bakal. Liquid Chromatographic Method for Simultaneous estimation of Thiocolchicoside and Etoricoxib from Tablet formulation. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(2):118-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00020
Chaitanya A. Gulhane, Wrushali A. Panchale, Jagdish V. Manwar, Ravindra L. Bakal. Liquid Chromatographic Method for Simultaneous estimation of Thiocolchicoside and Etoricoxib from Tablet formulation. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(2):118-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00020 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-2-10
1. Carta M, Murru L, Botta P, Talani G, Sechi G, De Riu P, Sanna E, Biggio G. The muscle relaxant thiocolchicoside is an antagonist of GABAA receptor function in the central nervous system. Neuropharmacology. 2006; 51(4): 805-815. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2006.05.023.
2. Sabouraud A, Chappey O, Dupin T, Scherrmann JM. Binding of colchicine and thiocolchicoside to human serum proteins and blood cells. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 1994; 32(8): 429-32.
3. Martindale. The complete drug reference. 35th edition, USA: Sean C sweet man; 2007: 46. 2.
4. Indian Pharmacopoeia. Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission, Ghaziabad; Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. 2020.
5. British Pharmacopoeia, I, Her Majesty’s Stationary office: London. 2002, 35 – 37
6. The United States pharmacopeia. USP 41. National formulary 36. Rockville (MD): United States Pharmacopeial Convention; 2018
7. Katyal J, Hemant Kumar, Gupta Y. Anticonvulsant activity of the cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor etoricoxib in pentylene tetrazole-kindled rats is associated with memory impairment. Epilespsy and Behaviour. 2015; 44: 98-103.
8. Obanewa Opeyemi Adegbenro, Oyeniran Taiwo Opeyemi. Development and estimation of anti-inflammatory activity of topical etoricoxib emulgel by carrageenan induced paw oedema method. Universal Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2019; 4(3): 22-26.
9. Prakash PR. Formulation, evaluation and anti¬inflammatory activity of topical etoricoxib gel. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2010; 3(2): 126-129
10. Bakal RL, Manwar JV, Sahare AY, Bhajipale NS, Manikrao AM. Spectrophotometric estimation of amitriptyline HCl and chlordiazepoxide in pharmaceutical dosage form. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2008; 42: 23–26.
11. Patil SS, Kumbhar DD, Manwar JV, Jadhao RG, Bakal RL, Wakode S. Ultrasound-assisted facile synthesis of nanostructured hybrid vesicle for the nasal delivery of indomethacin: Response surface optimization, microstructure, and stability. AAPS Pharm Sci Tech. 2019; 20(3): 97.
12. Suroshe RS, Wakade RB, Panchale WA, Sakhare AD, Rathod RR, Pophalkar PB. Development and Characterization of Osmotic Drug Delivery System of Model Drug. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2018; 7(18): 1158-1171.
13. Kadam CY, Bobade NN, Pophalkar PB, Hole SU, Suroshe RS, Panchale WA. Design and In vitro Characterization of Phase Transition System using Rivastigmine Tartrate for Nasal Drug Delivery System. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2018; 8(1): 815-829.
14. Bakal RL, Manikrao AM, Sahare AY, Manwar JV. Spectrophotometric estimation of amitriptyline HCL and chlordiazepoxide in tablet dosage form, International Journal of Chemical Sciences. 2007; 5(1): 360–364.
15. Manwar JV, Nagargoje BU, Gurumukhi VC, et al. Application of simultaneous equation method for the determination of azithromycin and cefixime trihydrate in tablet formulation, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017; 10(1): 108-112.
16. Manwar J, Mahadik K, Paradkar A, Sathiyanarayanan L, Vohra M, Patil S. Isolation, biochemical and genetic characterizations of alcohol-producing yeasts from the flowers of Woodfordia fruticosa. J Young Pharm. 2013;5(4):191-194. doi: 10.1016/j.jyp.2013.11.007
17. Manmode R, Manwar J, Vohra M, Padgilwar S, Bhajipale N. Effect of preparation method on antioxidant activity of ayurvedic formulation kumaryasava. J Homeop Ayurv Med. 2012; 1:114. doi:10.4172/2167-1206.1000114.
18. Padgilwar S, Manwar J, Vohra M, Banginwar Y. Traditional Uses, Phytochemistry and Pharmacology of Oroxylum Indicum: A Review. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Phytopharmacological Research. 2014; 3 (6): 483-486
19. Nimbokar SW, et al. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for determination of zonisamide from tablet formulation. World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research. 2021; 7(2): 196-200
20. Panchale WA, Suroshe RS, Rathod MS, and Pandhare YL. Chromatographic analysis of famotidine, paracetamol and ibuprofen from tablet formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 2019: 12: 231-263.
21. Sabhadinde AF, Panchale WA, Manwar JV, Bakal RL. Novel RP-HPLC method for simultaneous analysis of chlorthalidone and telmisartan from combined dosage form. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Research. 2020; 20(1): 491-502.
22. Panchale WA, Nimbokar SW, Gudalwar BR, Bakal RL, Manwar JV. RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of escitalopram oxalate and flupentixol HCl in tablet dosage form. GSC Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2021; 14(01):169-174. https://doi.org/10.30574/gscbps.2021.14.1.0004
23. Manwar JV, Vispute SS, Kumbhar DD, Manmode RS, Bakal RL, Jadhao RG, Jogdand SD. Response surface based optimization of system variables for liquid chromatographic analysis of candesartan cilexetil. Journal of Taibah University for Science. 2017; 11: 159–172. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jtusci.2016.02.004
24. Gulhane CA, Gabhane K, Kharabe P. Analytical validation and stability indicating studies for simultaneous estimation of benidipine and metroprolol by strong Cation exchange chromatography. Pharmaceutical Methods. 2020; 11(1): 6-12
25. Gulhane CA, Khadabadi SS, Atram SC. Analytical method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of some drugs in pharmaceutical dosage form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2019; 9(3): 107-112.
26. Manwar JV, Patil SS, Bhalerao CA, Mandpe SR, Kumbhar DD. Experimental Design Approach for Chromatographic Determination of Ketorolac Tromethamine from Bulk Drug and Tablet Formulation. Global Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017; 3(2): 555609. http://doi.org/10.19080/GJPPS.2017.03.555609
27. Manwar J, Mahadik K, Paradkar A, Patil S, Sathiyanarayanan L, Manmode R. Gas chromatography method for the determination of non-ethanol volatile compounds in herbal formulation. International Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. 2013; 3(1): 12-17. Santhi N, Rajendran SS, Kumar NP. Simultaneous estimation of cefixime and ofloxacin in bulk and tablet dosage form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2011; 1 (3): 50-52.
28. Panchale WA, Bakal RL. First-order derivative spectrophotometric estimation of gemifloxacin mesylate and ambroxol HCl in tablet dosage form. GSC Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2021; 14 (2), 029-036
29. Panchale WA, Gulhane CA, Manwar JV, Bakal RL. Simultaneous estimation of salbutamol sulphate and ambroxol HCl from their combined dosage form by UV-Vis spectroscopy using simultaneous equation method. GSC Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2020;13(03): 127-134. https://doi.org/10.30574/gscbps.2020.13.3.0397.
30. Panchale WA, Badukle NA, Sabhadinde AF, Bakal RL, Manwar JV. Concurrent analysis of ambroxol HCl and salbutamol sulphate from tablet formulation by RP-HPLC. GSC Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2020; 13(03). 13(03): 197-202. https://doi.org/10.30574/gscbps.2020.13.3.0404
31. Mahmoud M, Abdullah A, Sobhy M, Lobna M. Rapid RP-HPLC method for Simultaneous Estimation of norfloxacin and tinidazole in Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical analysis 2011; 1(4): 79-84.
32. Thenmozhi A, Sridharan D, Veeramani S, Palanivelu M. An RP-HPLC Method for the estimation of Dexibuprofen in Pharmaceutical Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journel of Pharmaceutical Analysis.2011; 1(4): 98-99.
33. Jajow S, Chandaka M, Mallepelli S, Sumalatha M, Nehalatha Y. Analytical Method Development and Method Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of metformin hydrochloride and pioglitazone hydrochloride in Tablet Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis.2012; 2(3): 85-89.
34. Daharwal SJ. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Diazepam and Propranolol in Bulk Drug and Its Formulations. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis.2013; 3(1): 20-23.
35. Vyas N, Panchal S. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Nebivolol and Indapamide in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis .2014; 4(3): 98-102
36. Gandla, Swamy K, Ravindra N, Sowmya S. A New RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Amlodipine and Valsartan in Tablet Dosage Forms. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis 2014; 4(3): 103-107.
37. Mangalagiri Y, Sreelakshmi S, Kumar S. A simple and validated RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous determination of Ezetimibe and Fenofibrate in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. Asian Journal of pharmaceutical Analysis.2015; 5(2): 93-99.
38. Konidala A, Penumala A, Mugada V, Kamala G. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of paracetamol and flupirtine maleate. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis.2015; 5(2): 105-111.
39. Patel NK, Koradia SK. Development and Validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of beclomethasone dipropionate and formoterol fumarate in their combined pharmaceutical dosage form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis.2016; 6(2): 83-90.
40. Rajput DK, Shirkhedkar AA, Rajput JK, Patel HM, Surana SJ. Stability Studies of Thiocolchicoside in Bulk and Capsules Using RP-HPTLC/Densitometry, Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry. 2013; 7. https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/142628.
41. Rajamahanti S, Nowduri A, Santosh T, Durga B, Raziya SK. Evaluation of A New Stability Indicating Method for the Determination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside in Pharmaceutical Dosage form By RP-HPLC. Oriental Journal of Chemistry. 2017; 33: 1337-1346.
42. Bhavsar SM, Patel DM, Khandhar AP, Patel CN. Validated RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of lornoxicam and thiocolchicoside in solid dosage form. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2010; 2(2): 563-572.
43. Thimmaraju M, Rao V, Hemanth. K, Siddartha P. RP HPLC method for the determination of Etoricoxib in bulk and pharmaceutical formulations. Der Pharmacia Lettre. 2011; 3(5): 224-231.
44. Shahi SR, Agrawal GR, Rathi PB, Shinde NV, Somani VG, Mahamuni SB, and Padalkar AN. Development and validation of UV- spectrophotometric method for the Determination of Etoricoxib in bulk and tablet. Rasayan Journal of Chemistry. 2008;1: 390-394.
45. Shah NJ, Shah SJ, Patel DM, Patel NM. Development and validation of HPTLC method for the estimation of Etoricoxib. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2006; 68: 788-789
46. Goyal N, Bhandari A, Jain S, Patel R. Method development and validation of etoricoxib and thiocolchicoside in combined pharmaceutical solid dosage form by RP-HPLC method. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Studies and Research. 2011; 2: 106-109.
47. Padmavathi K, and Subba Rao M. Development and validation of a new stability indicating liquid chromatographic method for the simultaneous determination of thiocholchicoside and etoricoxib in combined dosage form. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Science. 4(1): 76-84.
48. ICH validation of analytical procedures: text and, methodology Q2(R1), 2005.
49. ICH, International Convention on Quality for the PharmaceuticalIndustry, Toronto, Canada, 2002, September.
50. Kirkland JJ, Snyder LR. Practical HPLC Method Development, Wiley Inter Science Publication, New York, 1997.
51. Snyder LR, Kirkland JJ, Glajch JL. Practical HPLC Method Development, 2nd ed., Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1997.
52. V.R. Meyer, Practical HPLC, Wiley, New York, 1998.