V. Ravikumar, Chillara Sandhya, Ramya Sri. S
V. Ravikumar1*, Chillara Sandhya1, Ramya Sri. S2
1Department of Pharmaceutical analysis, Samskruti College of Pharmacy, Affiliated to JNTUH University, Hyderabad 501301, Telangana, India.
2Department of Pharmacy, University College of Technology, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500007, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2023
A simple, rapid, specific and accurate reverse phase high performance liquid chromatographic method has been developed for the validated of Letrozole in bulk as well as in marketed pharmaceutical dosage form. This separation was performed on a Symmetry ODS C18 (4.6×250mm, 5µm) column with Methanol: Phosphate Buffer (35:65) V/V as mobile phase at a flow rate of 1.0mL?min-1 with UV detection at 240nm; the constant column temperature was Ambient. The runtime under these chromatographic conditions was less than 8?min. The retention time of Letrozole was found to be 2.252. The calibration plot was linear over the concentration range of 6–14µg?mL-1 with limits of detection and quantification values of 1.2 and 3.6ng?mL-1 respectively. The mean % assay of marketed formulation was found to be 99.86%, and % recovery was observed in the range of 98-102%. Relative standard deviation for the precision study was found <2%. The developed method is simple, precise, specific, accurate and rapid, making it suitable for estimation of Letrozole in bulk and marketed pharmaceutical dosage formdosage form.
Cite this article:
V. Ravikumar, Chillara Sandhya, Ramya Sri. S. A New Analytical RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of Letrozole in Pure and Tablet form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2023; 13(2):103-7. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2023.00018
V. Ravikumar, Chillara Sandhya, Ramya Sri. S. A New Analytical RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of Letrozole in Pure and Tablet form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2023; 13(2):103-7. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2023.00018 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-2-7
1. Govinda Rao Kamala, Sowjanya Vadrevu, Malipeddi Haripriya. Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Omeprazole and Domperidone by RP-HPLC. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 5(4): 2015; 195-205. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2015.00031.9
2. Hamid Khan, Javed Ali. UHPLC: Applications in Pharmaceutical Analysis. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2017; 7(2): 124-131. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2017.00020.5
3. I.E. Otuokere, F. J. Amaku. Conformational analysis and excited – state properties of a highly potent and totally selective aromatase inhibitor, 4,4-(1H-1,2,4-triazol-1-ylmethanediyl) dibenzo nitrile (letrozole). Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 7(4), 2015, 176-180.
4. Nita Mondal, Tapan K. Pal, And Saroj K. Ghosal. Development And Validation Of RP-HPLC Method To Determine Letrozole In Different Pharmaceutical Formulations And Its Application To Studies Of Drug Release From Nanoparticles. Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica ñ Drug Research, Vol. 66 No. 1 pp. 11ñ17, 2009
5. Nirmala V, Athahari Begu, Anuradha. Effectiveness of Video Assisted Teaching Programme on Prevention of Oral Cancer among Tobacco Chewers. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research., 2012, 2(2), 83-86.
6. Arjun Patidar, S.C.Shivhare, Umesh Ateneriya, Sonu Choudhary. A Comprehensive Review on Breast Cancer. Asian J. Nur. Edu. & Research 2(1): Jan.-March 2012; Page 28-32.
8. ICH Q2 (R1) Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology. International Conference on Harmonization, IFPMA, Geneva; 2005.
9. ICH Q2A. Text on Validation of Analytical Procedures, International Conference on Harmonization. Geneva; 1994.
10. ICH Q2A. Text on Validation of Analytical Procedures, International Conference on Harmonization. Geneva; 1995.
11. Sura, R. S., CVS, S., & rachamalla, S. S. (2022). Bioanalytical RP-HPLC Method Development And Validation Of Clopidogrel Bisulfate In Wistar Rat Plasma And Its Application To Pharmacokinetic Study. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics, 14(1), 106–111. https://doi.org/10.22159/ijap.2022v14i1.43328