The purpose of the investigation was to develop a simple, rapid and accurate RP-HPLC method to determine assay of Linagliptin, Empagliflozin and Metformin in solid dosage forms. The chromatographic separation was performed on Kromosil 250 x 4.6 mm, 5µm. Eluents were monitored on PDA detector at a wavelength of 233 nm using a Buffer: Acetonitrile (45:55v/v). The column temperature was maintained at 30°C. Validation parameters such as system suitability, linearity, precision, accuracy, specificity, limit of detection (LOD), limit of quantification (LOQ), Stability of sample and standard stock solutions and robustness were studied as reported in the ICH guidelines. The retention time for Linagliptin, Empagliflozin and Metformin was 2.370min, 2.787min and 3.419 min respectively. Assay method further evaluated for Linagliptin, Empagliflozin and Metformin analysis at low concentration of analyte and found limit of detection is 0.02 µg/ml, 0.08 µg/ml and 9.22µg/mlrespectively and limit of Quantitation is 0.05µg/ml, 0.25µg/mland 27.94µg/mlrespectively. The percentage recovery of Linagliptin, Empagliflozin and Metformin was 99.99%, 99.47% and 100.01% respectively. The %RSD for Linagliptin, Empagliflozin and Metformin was 0.5%, 0.7% and 0.2%respectively. Linearity of Linagliptin, Empagliflozin and Metformin performed from 25% to150% and the R2 is 0.999, intercept and slope found to be y = 25605x + 1357, y = 40970x + 3932 and y = 1497.x + 12010 respectively. The method was fast, accurate, precise and sensitive hence it can be employed for routine quality control of Linagliptin, Empagliflozin and Metformin containing drug in quality control laboratories and pharmaceutical industries.
1. Claudio Pulito, Toran Sanli, R. Punam, P. Muti, Giovanni Blandino, and Sabrina Strano.(2013). Metformin: On Ongoing Journey across Diabetes, Cancer, Therapy and Prevention. Metabolites, 3(4),1051-1075.
2. Grempler R, Thomas L, Eckhardt M, Himmelsbach F, Sauer A, Sharp DE, Bakker RA, Mark M, Klein T, Eickelmann P. (2012). Empagliflozin, a novel selective sodium glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT-2) inhibitor: characterisation and comparison with other SGLT-2 inhibitors. Jr. Pharm. Therapt, 14(1), 83-90.
3. Veerabhadram G and Padmaja N. (2015). Development and validation of analytical method for UV Simultaneous estimation of Empagliflozin and Linagliptin in bulk drugs and combined dosage forms using UV-visible spectroscopy. Der Pharmacia Lettre, 7 (12) ,306-312.
4. Vishnu M.P, Madhavan P, Pramod K, Kumar R. (2016). RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin HCL, Ramipril and Glimepiride in Bulk and Their Combination Tablet Dosage Form. IOSR J. Pharm. Bio. Sci, 11(3), 16-23.
5. Prathyusha M, Sandhya M, Rao V.U.M. (2014). Method Development and Validation for the simultaneous estimation of Metformin and Fenofibrate by RP-HPLC Method in marketed formulation. Int J. Pharm, 4(1), 219-225.
6. Panigrahy U. P, Reddy A. S. K. (2015). A novel validated RP-HPLC-DAD method for the simultaneous estimation of Metformin Hydrochloride and Canagliflozin in bulk and pharmaceutical tablet dosage form with forced degradation studies. Orient J Chem, 31 (3), 1489-1507.
7. Suresh B.K, Geetha S.P, Lakshmana R.K, Prasad K.R.S. (2016). Development and validation of stability indicating reversed phase high-pressure liquid chromatography method for simultaneous estimation of metformin and empagliflozin in bulk and tablet dosage form. Asian J Pharm Clin Res, 9(1), 126-135.
8. Fatema K, Rahman Md., Tasnuva H, Azad Md. A.K, and Selimm Md. R.(2010). Development and validation of a simple method for simultaneous estimation of Metformin hydrochloride and Gliclazide in tablets by using RP-HPLC. Dhaka univ. J. Pharm. Sci, 9(2), 83-89.
9. Dhirendersing S, Dwivedi S.C, Ashok K. (2012). Development and Validation of a RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Pioglitazone and Metformin in bulk and tablet dosage form. Int J. Biomed. Adv. Res, 3(03), 197-201.
10. Satya G.S. Ashutosh S.K, Saravanan J, Debnath M, Greeshma V, Krishna N.S. (2013)., A new RP-HPLC method development for simultaneous estimation of Metformin and Alogliptin in bulk as well as in pharmaceutical formulation by using PDA detector, World J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci,2(6), 6720-6743.
11. Shyamala KN, Mounika J, Nandini B. (2016). Validated stability-indicating RP-HPLC method for determination of Empagliflozin. Pharm Lett, 8,457-64.
12. Ramesh J, Kumar NS. (2017). Stability indicating RP-HPLC method development and validation for he simultaneous determination of vildagliptin and metformin in pharmaceutical dosage form. Int J Pharm PharmSci,9,150-7.
13. Susmita A, G., R. G, R. Yadav Y. (2019). Analytical method development and validation of new stability-indicating reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography method for simultaneous estimation of metformin hydrochloride and empagliflozin in tablet dosage form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research,12(1), 241-4.
14. Godasu SK and Sreenivas SA. (2017). A new validated RP-HPLC method for the determination of metformin HCL and empagliflozin in its bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage forms. Int J Pharm SciRes , 8(5),2223-32.
15. Sushil D. Patil, Sunil V. Amurutkar, Chatapalliwar V.A, Chandrashekhar D. Upasani. (2017). Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for empagliflozin and metformin HCL. Journal of Innovation in Pharmaceutical and Biological Science, 4(4), 185-189.
16. Ghadir A Khalil, Ismil Salama. validated RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of Canagliflozin, Dapagliflozin, Empagliflozin and Metformin. (2018). International Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences, 8(1), 1-13.
17. Vinay Kumar D, J. V. L. N. Seshagiri Rao. (2018). A New validated stability indicating RPHPLC method for simultaneous estimation of metformin HCL and empagliflozin in tablet dosage forms. International Research Journal of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, 1(5), 16-22.
18. Patil SD, Amurutkar SV, Chatpalliwar VA, Upasani CD. (2017). Development and validation of RP- HPLC method for Empagliflozin and Metformin HCL. Journal of Innovations in Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences, 4(4),185-189.
19. Padmaja N, Veerabhadram G. (2016). Development and validation of a novel stability – indicating RP – HPLC method for the determination of Empagliflozin in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage and forms, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 7(11), 4523- 4530.
20. Abhijeet N. Raut. (2020). Method development, validation by simultaneous estimation of Empagliflozin and Linagliptin by RP-HPLC Method. J Pharm Sci Innov,9(1),1-4.