Anupama Swathi CH., P. Sharon, A. Lavanya, P. Pavani, Divya C., Sri Lakshmi G., Yoga Priyanka B., Padmalatha K.
Anupama Swathi CH.1*, P. Sharon1, A. Lavanya1, P. Pavani1, Divya C.1, Sri Lakshmi G.1, Yoga Priyanka B.1, Padmalatha K.2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Vijaya Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences for Women, Vijayawada, Andhrapradesh.
2Department of Pharmacology, Vijaya Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences for Women, Vijayawada, Andhrapradesh.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
Current study develops and validates a simple, precise, accurate, specific and highly sensitive method for the determination of Prasugrel hydrochloride in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. Prasugrel hydrochloride is used as an antiplatelet drug for the treatment of myocardial infarction, Thrombosis prevention after percutaneous coronary intervention. It is an agent which reduces the aggregation (“clumping”) of platelets by irreversibly binding to P2Y12 receptors. The solvent used is methanol and the ?max or the absorption maxima of the drug was found to be 218nm.The parameters specificity, linearity, accuracy, precision and robustness were evaluated according to international Conference on Harmonization (ICH) Guidelines. A linear response was observed in the range of 5-30µg/ml with a regression coefficient of 0.997. The limit of detection (LOD) and limit of quantification (LOQ) was found to be 0.1178 and 0.3571mcg/ml respectively
Cite this article:
Anupama Swathi CH., P. Sharon, A. Lavanya, P. Pavani, Divya C., Sri Lakshmi G., Yoga Priyanka B., Padmalatha K. Validated UV Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Prasugrel in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(4):201-206. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2020.00037.X
1. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy; 65(11): 1019-28.
2. Dovlatova NL, Jakubowski JA, Sugidachi A, Heptinstall S: The reversible P2Y antagonist cangrelor influences the ability of the active metabolites of clopidogrel and Prasugrel to produce irreversible inhibition of platelet function. J Thromb Haemost; 2008; Jul: 6(7): 1153-59.
3. Baker WL, White CM. Role of Prasugrel, A Novel P2Y12 Receptor Antagonist, in the Management of Acute Coronary Syndromes. American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs; 2009; Aug: 9(4): 213-29.
4. Food and Drug Administration (United States); March 12, 2010).
5. A. Lakshmi Lavanya, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 4, Spply 5, 2012, pg.280.
6. Analytical process of drugs by Ultraviolet (UV) Spectroscopy – A review R. Gandhimathi, S. Vijay Raj, M.P. Jyothirmaie. Basic UV-Vis Theory, Concepts and Applications, 7-10.
7. Beckett A.H., Stenlake J.B., Practical Pharmaceutical Chemistry; 4th ed. CBS Publisher and distributors Delhi, 2001: 280-286.
8. G. R. Chatwal, S. K. Anand Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis, Himalaya Publishing House (1979).
9. ICH Q2A – Guidelines for Industry: Text on Method Validation of Analytical Procedures, March1995.
10. ICH Q2B – Guidelines for Industry: Validation of Analytical Procedures: Methodology, Nov 1996.
11. International conference on Harmonization, Guidance for Industry in Q2B Validation on Analytical Procedures: Methodology. Switzerland: IFPMA; 1996. pp. 1–8.
12. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Analysis Gandhimathi R. et al., 2012; 2(2): 72-78 Pg no. 76.
13. Martindale, “The Extra Pharmacopoeia”, ed. Reynolds, J.E.F., 31st edition, Royal Pharmaceutical Soc, London, pg. 404 – 406, 1996.
14. Modern Chemical Techniques, Ultraviolet/visible Spectroscopy, The Royal Society of Chemistry, 102,103.
15. PD. Sethi Quantitative Analysis of Drugs in Pharmaceutical Formulations, 3rd ed., CBS Publishers and Distributors, 1997.
16. Y.R. Sharma Ultraviolet and Visible Spectroscopy; Elementary Organic Spectroscopy, 1ed. S chand & Company Ltd., 2004; 9-60.