P. Geetha Bhavani, D. Akila Devi
P. Geetha Bhavani1*, D. Akila Devi2
1Research Scholar, Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vels Institute of Science Technology and Advanced Studies, Pallavaram, Chennai - 600117.
2Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vels Institute of Science Technology and Advanced Studies, Pallavaram, Chennai - 600117.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2020
UPLC is a modern technique which gives a new direction for liquid chromatography. UPLC refers to ultra performance liquid chromatography, which enhance mainly in three areas: speed, resolution and sensitivity. Ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC) applicable for particle less than 2µm in diameter to acquire better resolution, speed, and sensitivity compared with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). The concept of “Quality by Design” (QbD) is an approach which covers a better scientific understanding of critical process and product qualities, designing controls and tests based on the scientific limits of understanding during the development phase and using the knowledge obtained during the life-cycle of the product to work on a constant improvement environment.
Cite this article:
P. Geetha Bhavani, D. Akila Devi. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating UPLC Method for the Simultaneous Estimation of Drugs in Combined Dosage Forms using Quality by Design Approach. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(3):158-164. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2020.00029.0
1. Manisha Ch., "Significance of Various Chromatographic Techniques in Drug Discovery and Development.,” IJRPC., 3(2)., 2013.
2. Taleuzzaman M., “Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography,” AJAPC., 2(6): 1056., 2016.
3. Rekha Priyadarshini., "Chromatography - the essence of bioanalysis.,” EJBPS., 3(2)., 366-377., 2016.
4. Sharath Chandra S., “Switch from HPLC to UPLC: A Novel Achievement in Liquid Chromatography Technique” IJPS., 21(1)., 237-246., 2013.
5. Rajneet K., “Analytical Quality by Design Approach for Development of a Validated Bioanalytical UPLC Method of Docetaxel Trihydrate.,” CPA., vol (11)., 2015.
6. Pavan Kumar V., “Quality by Design Approach (QBD) for Pharmaceuticals”., IJDDR., 2015.
7. Pharmaceutical “Quality By Design” (QbD): An Introduction, Process Development and Applications.
8. Ramalingam P., “Analytical Quality by Design: A Tool for Regulatory Flexibility and Robust Analytics.,” IJAC., 2015.
9. Karmarkar S., “Quality by Design (QbD) Based Development of a Stability Indicating HPLC Method for Drug and Impurities.,” JCS., Vol (49)., 2011.
10. Thakor N S., “Implementing Quality by Design (QbD) in Chromatography., ʺ AJAPC., 4(1): 1078., 2017.