Shinde Ganesh S., P. S. Rao, R. S. Jadhav, Piyusha Kolhe, Diksha Athare
Mr. Shinde Ganesh S.1*, Dr. P. S. Rao2, Dr. R. S. Jadhav2, Piyusha Kolhe2, Diksha Athare2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy, Pravaranagar. Taluka- Rahata, District- Ahmednagar. (M. S.) 413736.
2Department of Pharmacognosy, Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy, Pravaranagar. Taluka- Rahata, District- Ahmednagar. (M. S.) 413736.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Chromatography is a Physical separation technique in which mixture is dissolved in a mobile phase and carried through a structure holding another material called stationary phase. The separation of components depends on differential partitioning between mobile and stationary phase. Literature survey reveals that paper chromatography has been used from ancient times, especially in countries like United State for separation of organic and inorganic components. Paper chromatography is a type of analytical tool which is used for separation of colored componentsusing paper fibers (stationary phase) and solvent (mobile phase) in the atmosphere. Further, investigation should be made to make new advancement in the field of chromatography separation involving identification of types of paper used and gel permeation process.
Cite this article:
Shinde Ganesh S., P. S. Rao, R. S. Jadhav, Piyusha Kolhe, Diksha Athare. A Review on Chromatography and Advancement in Paper Chromatography Technique. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2021; 11(1):45-48. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2021.00009.0
1. Frank Settle.Handbook of Instrumental Techniques for Analytical Chemistry. Pearson Publication,2014; First Edition : 221
2. Gurudeep Chatwal, Sham Ananad, Himalaya Publiashing House, 2004; Third Edition: 520-30
3. E. Morgan and I. Wilson. An early description of paper chromatography. Chromatographia. 2004,60(1): 135-136
4. S. K. Pramod, and K. A. Navnath, A brief review on ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatography. 2017,4(2): 240-242
5. H. G. Cassidy. Investigation of paper chromatography. Analytical Chemistry, 24(1): 20-27.
6. P. W. Smit, I. Elliott, R. W. Peeling.An overview of the clinical use of filter paper in the diagnosis of tropical diseases. The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2014, 90(2): 195-210.
7. F. Kurzer. An early application of paper chromatography. Journal of Chemical Education, 1978 55(5): 321.
8. M. G. Rasul, Extraction, Isolation and Characterization of Natural Products from Medicinal Plants. International Journal of Basic Sciences and Applied Computing. 2011, 2(6): 1-6.
9. Ganesh Shinde, Godage R. K, R. S. Jadhav, Barhate Manoj, Bhagwat Aniket. A Review on Advances in UV Spectroscopy. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(1): 47-51. doi: 10.5958/ 2349-2988.2020.00005.4.
10. V. Jirgl, Paper chromatography of free amino acids in blood serum. Clinical chemistry.1957 3(1):154-155.