Khushbu K. Patel, Arati M. Patel, C. N. Patel
Mrs. Khushbu K. Patel*, Arati M. Patel, Dr. C. N. Patel
Department of Quality Assurance, Shri Sarvajanik Pharmacy College, Gujarat Technological University, Mehsana - 384001, Gujarat, India.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
A new simple, rapid, accurate and precise method for estimation of Bilastine in pharmaceutical dosage form by reverse phase liquid chromatography. The developed method employed mobile phase was Acetonitrile and Ammonium acetate pH 5.0 adjusted with glacial acetic acid with 85:15% v/v and flow rate 1.0ml/min. Method was developed using column C18 Water (150 × 4.6mm, 5µm) and detection wavelength was 215nm. The retention time was found to be 2.519 min. the proposed method was successfully applied to the determination of Bilastine in dosage form. High linearity of developed method was confirmed over concentration range of 25- 150 µg/ml and co-relation co-efficient is 0.996. The percentage RSD for precision and accuracy of the method was found to be less than 2%. The recovery was in the range of 99 – 102% and limit of detection was found to be 0.45µg/ml and limit of quantification was found to be 1.20µg/ml. Bilastine was found to degrade under acid and oxidation conditions. There was no interference of excipient and degradation product in retention time so method was specific. Analytical parameter such as precision, accuracy, limit of detection, limit of quantification and robustness were determined according to international Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines.
Cite this article:
Khushbu K. Patel, Arati M. Patel, C. N. Patel. A new simple RP-HPLC Method development, Validation and Forced degradation studies of Bilastine. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(3):183-7. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00031
Khushbu K. Patel, Arati M. Patel, C. N. Patel. A new simple RP-HPLC Method development, Validation and Forced degradation studies of Bilastine. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(3):183-7. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00031 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-3-1
1. Anuja Uddhav Deokar, Dr Suhas Siddheshwar, Sudarshan. B. Kakad. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Rivaroxaban- A Review. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2020; 12(1): 36-46.
2. Synder LR, Kirkland JL and Glajch JL. Practical HPLC Method Development; 2nd Edn; Wiley Interscience, New York, 1977, pp 1-26.
3. Gandhi J, Godse K, and Godse G. Bilastine: A novel antihistamine. Indian Journal of drugs in dosage form. 2010; 4(1): 3-6.
4. Nishant Sarode, G. S. Chhabra, Shailesh Luhar, Anil Jadhav. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of Montelukast Sodium in Bulk and In Tablet Dosage Form. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2011; 3(5): 257-260.
5. Ramesh J, Jayalakshmi B, Vijayamirtharaj R, Arul Prakasam K.C. Simultaneous Estimation of Montelukast Sodium and Levocetrizine Hydrochloride by RP-HPLC Method. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2010; 3(4): 1069-1072.
6. Wikipedia, Bilastine, https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Bilastine.
7. Jelena T, Igor P, Ana S, Anja T, Biljana J, Application of Analytical Quality by Design Concept for Bilastine and its Degradation Impurities Determination by Hydrophilic Interaction Liquid Chromatographic Method, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 125: 385-93.
8. Bilastine detection method. China Patent CN 104730194 A, 2016.
9. Andressa TDS, Gabriela RB, Isadora DM, Lisiane B, Marcelo DM, Clesio SP. UV Spectrophotometric method for quantitative determination of Bilastine using experimental design for robustness. Drug Analytical Research, 2017; 1(2): 38-43.
10. Chowdary V, Kota A, Syed M. Method development and validation of new RP-HPLC method for the estimation of Bilastine in pharmaceutical dosage form. World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacy Science. 2017; 6(8): 2297-2315.
11. Radio O, Guermouche S. Degradation kinetics of Bilastine Determined by RP-HPLC method and identification of its degradation product in oxidative condition. Spinger Nature. 2019.
12. Sharmin Reza Chowdhury, Mahfuza Maleque, Mahbubul Hoque Shihan. Development and Validation of a Simple RP-HPLC Method for Determination of Caffeine in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2012; 2(1): 01-04.
13. Akhilesh Gupta, Swati Rawat, Arun Pandey. Method Development and Photolytic Degradation Study of Doxofylline by RP-HPLC and LC-MS/MS. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2011; 1(2)29-33.
14. Sushil D. Patil, Prajkta Varpe, Sayali Chaure, Siddharth B. Bhalerao, Sanjay Kshirsagar. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Piracetam. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017; 7(4): 215-221.
15. Hemant Shah, Khushbu K. Patel, Pruthviraj Chaudhary, Dr. C. N. Patel. Stability indicating Analytical Method Development and Validation for Estimation of Zonisamide in Pharmaceutical dosage form. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2020; 9(5): 1204-1215.
16. Zhou H, Fung C, Liu Q, Method for determining related substance of Bilastine intermediate by using high-performance liquid chromatography. China Patent CN 103760260 A, 2014.
17. Method for separating and measuring Bilastine raw material and preparation thereof utilizing liquid chromatography. China Patent CN 103760260 A, 2019.
18. Rupali Tambe, Someshwar Mankar, Santosh Dighe. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Paliperidone: A Review. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2020; 12(1) : 23-35.
19. ICH, Q1A, Stability Testing of New Drug Substances and Products, in: Proceedings of the International Conference on Harmonization, Geneva, October, 1993.
20. Khilesh Gupta, Jaydeep Singh Yadav, Swati Rawat, Mayuri Gandhi. Method Development and Hydrolytic Degradation Study of Doxofylline by RP-HPLC and LC-MS/MS. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2011; 1(1): 14-18.
21. Md. Ahsanul Haque, Mohammad Shahriar, Most. Nazma Parvin, S. M. Ashraful Islam. Validated RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Domperidone and Naproxen in Solid Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2011; 1(3): 59-63.
22. Vaibhavi.N. Akhani, Mrs. Khushbu K Patel, K. S. Patel, L. M. Parajapati, Dr. C. N. Patel. Development and validation od HPLC method for estimation of prucalopride succinate in pharmaceutical dosage form. World Journal of Phramcy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2020; 9(6): 1112-1122.
23. L. Satyanarayana, S.V. Naidu, M. Narasimha Rao, Reddy Suma Latha. The Estimation of Nilotinib in Capsule dosage form by RP-HPLC. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 1(4): Oct. - Dec. 2011; Page 100-102.