Shaheen Begum, Jahnavi. B, Nameera Jabeen, Umema Naaz. T, Sandhya. M
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Shaheen Begum*, Jahnavi. B, Nameera Jabeen, Umema Naaz. T, Sandhya. M
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance, Vishnu Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Sangareddy-Narsapur Rd, Narsapur, Telangana 502313.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
In the present work, simple and sensitive UV spectroscopic method has been developed for the quantitative estimation of Evening Primrose Oil in efem capsule. Cyclohexane was used as solvent. In the range of 100-500µg/ml, the linearity of Evening Primrose Oil shows a correlation co-efficient of 0.999. The UV detection wavelength was 233nm. The percentage RSD for precision and accuracy of the method was found to be less than 2%(LOQ) of 23µg/ml and (LOD) of 7.5µg/ml. The method was validated as per the ICH guidelines. The method was successfully applied for routine analysis of Evening Primrose Oil and in formulation dosage form.
Cite this article:
Shaheen Begum, Jahnavi. B, Nameera Jabeen, Umema Naaz. T, Sandhya. M. Method Development and Validation of Evening Primrose oil and its Pharmaceutical dosage form by Simple UV- Spectrophotometric Method. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(2):133-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00023
Shaheen Begum, Jahnavi. B, Nameera Jabeen, Umema Naaz. T, Sandhya. M. Method Development and Validation of Evening Primrose oil and its Pharmaceutical dosage form by Simple UV- Spectrophotometric Method. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(2):133-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00023 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-2-13
1. Sharma BK. Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis. 7th ed. Meerut: Goel Publishing House; 2000. p. 1-2.
2. Beckett H., et al., Practical Pharmaceutical Chemistry. 4th edition. New Delhi (Ind): C.B.S Publications; 2002. Page.1.
3. Willard HH., et al., Instrumental Methods of Analysis, 7th edition, CBS Publishers and Distributors: New Delhi, 1986; page.1-5
4. Bassett J., et al., Vogel’s Text book of quantitative inorganic analysis. 4th ed. England: Longman group; 1986.
5. Hohat H. Willard., et al. Instrumental Methods of Analysis, 7th edition New Delhi: CBS Publishers; 1999.
6. Gurdeep R. Chatwal, et al., Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis, 5th edition New Delhi: Himalaya Publishing House; 2008.
7. Elżbieta Skrzydlewska., et al., Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) Biological Activity Dependent on Chemical Composition, Antioxidants (Basel) 2018 Aug; 7(8): 108.
8. Laura (Shih-Shiuan) Lin, Evening primrose oil- chemical structure www.naturaldatabase.com on April 11, 2013.
9. Mohaddese Mahboubi et al., Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) Oil in Management of Female Ailments, J Menopausal Med. 2019 Aug; 25(2): 74–82.
10. Syed Ansar Ali et al., Analytical method development and validation for vetiver oil in microsphere formulation by uv spectroscopic method, World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 6(10), 1232-1241; 25/9/2017.
11. William W. Christie et al ., The analysis of evening primrose oil, Elsevier Science Industrial Crops and Products 10 (2), 73-83, September 1999,
12. David CL, et al., Webb. Pharmaceutical Analysis. London: Black well publishing; 1994. p. 2-4.