Yelekar P D, Chaudhari S.B, Chourasia R D, Tikariya K R, Badole Payal
Yelekar P D*, Chaudhari S.B, Chourasia R D, Tikariya K R, Badole Payal
Manoharbhai Patel Institute of Pharmacy, Gondia.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
Objective: The main objective of the work was to check the label claim of tablet in combination by Simultaneous estimation by UV method. Method: Spectrophotometric method development and validation are plays important role in the development and manufacture of pharmaceuticals. This Spectrophotometric method was a simple and reproducible for the quantitative determination of Paracetamol and Caffeine in tablet formulation was developed and validated in the present work. The various parameters like specificity, linearity, precision, accuracy, robustness and ruggedness were studied according to ICH guidelines. The wavelength 273nm was selected for the estimation of Caffeine using distilled water as a solvent and the wavelength 243nm selected for the estimation of Paracetamol using distilled water as solvent the drug obeyed Beer’s-Lambert’s law over the concentration range 20-120µg/ml. Recovery study was performed to confirm the accuracy of the method. The method was successfully applied for routine analysis of this drug in formulation the method were validated as pr ICH guidelines. Conclusion: A simple UV spectrophotometric method was developed for the Simultaneous determination of Paracetamol and Caffeine in tablet formulation without any interference from the excipients. The present method succeeded in adopting a simple sample preparation that achieve satisfactory extraction recovery and facilitated its application in co formulated formulation.
Cite this article:
Yelekar P D, Chaudhari S.B, Chourasia R D, Tikariya K R, Badole Payal. To Estimate the Label claim of tablet in their combination by simultaneous estimation using UV-Visible Spectrophotometric method. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(3):191-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00033
Yelekar P D, Chaudhari S.B, Chourasia R D, Tikariya K R, Badole Payal. To Estimate the Label claim of tablet in their combination by simultaneous estimation using UV-Visible Spectrophotometric method. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(3):191-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00033 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-3-3
1. Simultaneous Spectrophotometric determination of Paracetamol and Caffeine in Tablet Formulation. International Journal of Pharma Tech Research. Vol. 2, no.4, pp 2512-2516
2. Chatwal G. R. Anand S. K. Instrumental Method of Chemical Analysis. Himalaya Publication House, page no 1,2
3. Practical Pharmaceutical Chemistry by A. H. Backett and J. B. Stenlake, 4th Edition, part two, CBS Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi, page no 278-281
4. Handbook of Qualitative Analysis by Vogel’s, 5th Edition, page no. 302-306
5. Practical Instrumental Method of Analysis by Mohammad Imran, Rageeb Md Usman, Sufiyan Ahmad, Tushar A. Deshmukh, Page no. 37-38
6. Robert A. Nash, Alfrd H. Watcher. Pharmaceutical Process Validation, An International, 3rd Edition, page no. 508-523
7. A. Ashour et.al, Journal of Saudi Chemical Society (2015)19, 186- Simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of overlapping spectra of Paracetamol and Caffeine.
8. Revankumar D. Nikhade et.al. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2011, 4 (7), 2297-2299
9. Elementary Organic Spectroscopy Principles and Chemical Application by Y. R. Sharma. Page no 11, 12, 30.
10. Research article on UV –Visible Spectrophotometric method Development and Validation of assay of Paracetamol tablet formulation.
11. Research article of simultaneous estimation of multicomponent formulation UV – Visible spectroscopy: An Overview
12. Introduction to spectroscopy by Donald L. Pavia, Gary M. Lampman, George S. Kriz, 3rd Edition, Page no. 355- 358
13. Rajendran S.S., Santhi N., Kumar Nallasivan P., Sam Solomon W.D., Venkata Narayanan R.. Simultaneous Estimation of Cefixime and Ofloxacin in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 1(2): April-June 2011; Page 36-38.
14. S. Rawat, Akhilesh Gupta. Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Nimesulide and Diclofenac Sodium in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 1(4): Oct. - Dec. 2011; Page 85-87.
15. Shiv Kumar Gupta, Babita Kumar, Pramod Kumar Sharma. Development and validation of a Spectrophometric method for estimation of Triamcinolone in solid dosage form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 3(2): April- June 2013; Page 42-43.
16. Jyoti Dahiya, Anuradha Singh, Shiv Kumar Gupta, Babita Kumar. Spectrophotometric Estimation of Dextromethorphan in Bulk Drug using Hydrotropic Solubilization Technique. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 3(3): July-Sept. 2013; Page 90-93.
17. Swapnil D. Jadhav, Akshay A. Magdum, Ramchandra M. Panchal, Pradip S. Koli. Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin Hydrochloride and Rosiglitazone Maleate from Tablet Dosage Form by Derivative Spectroscopic Method. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 3(3): July-Sept. 2013; Page 94-97.
18. Ashok P. Pingale, A.R. Rote, R.B. Saudagar, Rima R. Patil, G.B. Jadhav. Simultaneous Estimation of Drotaverine HCl and Nimesulide in a Tablet Formulation by Absorbance Ratio Method. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 4(2): April-June 2014; Page 78-81.
19. Vijaya Vichare, Pallavi Suryawanshi, Jyoti Bhosale, Shashikant Dhole. Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin HCl and Pioglitazone HCl by Second Order Derivative UV-Visible Spectrophotometric Method in Tablet Formulation. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 4(3): July-Sept. 2014; Page 121-124.
20. Priyanka P. Atodariya, Hasumati A. Raj, Vineet C. Jain. Simultaneous Estimation of Lamotrigine and Clozapine by Simultaneous equation method in their Synthetic Mixture which use in Schizophrenia. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 5(2): April-June 2015; Page 79-85.
21. N. Vanaja, Ch. Preethi, S.Y. Manjunath, Krishanu Pal. Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Telmisartan and Ramipril by UV-Spectrophotometric Method in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 5(4): October- December, 2015; Page 187-194.
22. Pooja A. Patil, Hasumati A. Raj, Gautam B. Sonara. Simultaneous Estimation of Atenolol and Ivabradine HCl using UV-Spectrophotometry. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2016; 6(2): 109-114.