Vinod Matole, Yogesh Thorat, Akshay Javalgikar, Shraddha Jamakhandi, Pradip Pawar
Vinod Matole*, Dr. Yogesh Thorat, Akshay Javalgikar, Shraddha Jamakhandi, Pradip Pawar
D.S.T.S. Mandal’s College of Pharmacy, Solapur-413004, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
The analytical method was developed and validated for determination of acyclovir in Tablet by High performance liquid chromatography. The separation was carried out on Luna C18 column (150*4.6mm, 5µm). The mobile phase consists of methanol: water in the ratio 50:50 at flow rate 1ml/min with diode array detector wavelength at 248nm. The column temperature was adjusted at 38º ± 0.8?C with injection volume 20µl. The retention time of acyclovir was 2.718min. The linearity of the calibration curve was linear over the concentration range 40-60µg/ml (r2=1). The validation was carried out as per ICH guidelines. The development method was easy, rapid, linear, precise, accurate and consistent.
Cite this article:
Vinod Matole, Yogesh Thorat, Akshay Javalgikar, Shraddha Jamakhandi, Pradip Pawar. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of Acyclovir in API and Tablet Formulation. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2021; 11(1):41-44. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2021.00008.9
Vinod Matole, Yogesh Thorat, Akshay Javalgikar, Shraddha Jamakhandi, Pradip Pawar. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of Acyclovir in API and Tablet Formulation. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2021; 11(1):41-44. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2021.00008.9 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-1-8
1. Yadav PK, Chandanam S, Rao ST, Akkamma HG, Bharadwajan RG, Deepa MS, New analytical method development and validation of acyclovir by RP-HPLC. Unique J Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences.2016; 04(02):20-26
2. Williams DA, Lemke TL, Editors. Foye’s Principles of Medicinal Chemistry. 7th edition Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore: Wolters and Kluwer Business;2013:1283
3. Umesh SD, Satyam ZC, Shweta A, Jadhav and Vaibhav RP, Spectrophotometric determination and validation of acyclovir in tablet dosage form. International J Parma Tech Research.2012; 4(4):1840-1845.
4. Bhagyashri PP, Sugandha VM. UV spectrophotometric estimation of acyclovir in bulk and tablet dosage form using area under curve method. World J Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2014; 3(8):1644-1651
5. Somshubhra G, Anirban S, D. Sathis Kumar, Satyaprabha J. A. Harani, D. Tanuja et al. Method development and validation of acyclovir in tablet form by RP-HPLC. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2012;5(3):1785-1786.
6. Hayam ML, Stability indicating methods for the determination of acyclovir in the presence of its degradation product. Analytical Chem an Indian J.2010; 9 (4): 398-407
7. Ravishankar P, A. Niharika, S. Sireesha, O. Sai Koushiks, V. Himaja Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for quantitative estimation of acyclovir in bulk drug and tablets. J Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2015;08(01):73-80
8. Vilas C. and Milind UA. Validated stability indicating method HPLC assay method for acyclovir in bulk drug. International J Analytical, Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Science.2012;01(02)
9. Suchita VG, Varsha M, Jadhav and Vilasrao JK High pressure liquid chromatographic method development and validation for estimation of acyclovir in bulk and marketed formulation. International J. of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 2016;7(5):2194-2199
10. Indian Pharmacopeia 2007. Vol. II: 376.
11. Williams DA, Lemke TL. Foye’s Principles of Medicinal Chemistry. 7th edition Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore: Wolters and Kluwer Business;2013.
13. Dey AA, Dey SA. Estimation of Dapsone in bulk and dosage form by UV spectroscopic method. Indo American J Pharm Res. 2014;4(1):312-319.
14. Sarsam SA. Spectrophotometric and high-performance liquid chromatographic methods for the determination of Dapsone in a pharmaceutical preparation. Rafidian J Sci. 2013; 24:128-145.
15. Lida BM, Latifeh NR, Afshar MN, an ecofriendly and stability indicating RP-HPLC method for determination of Dapsone: Application to pharmaceutical analysis. Chiang Mai J Sci. 2016;43(3):620-629.
16. Nahla SS, Mohammed RR, Safaa TR, Maha HA, Mohammed WP, Validated TLC and HPLC stability indicating methods for the quantitative determination of Dapsone. J Planar Chromatography Modern TLC. 2012;25(1):65-71.