A. Suneetha, B. Chandra Sekhar, K. Sudheer Babu
A. Suneetha1*, B. Chandra Sekhar2, K. Sudheer Babu3
1,2Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Hindu College of Pharmacy, Amaravathi Road, Guntur 522002, Andhra Pradesh, India.
3AVP-Operations, Megsan Labs – Hyderabad, India.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2022
The aim of the present study is to apply Design of Experiments (DoE), to develop an assay and optimize the derivatization reaction. DoE study type is Response Surface, Sub type is Split-plot, Design is D-optimal method was used in the study for the separation of L-Cysteine and L-Cystine in presence of amino acids by RP-HPLC. DoE Response Surface Split-plot method was used in this study. DoE allows to interpret the results with better outcome and enhanced understanding. Pre-column derivatizing agent Dansyl Chloride was used for dansylation of amino acids; 10mm Ammonium Acetate buffer PH 6.3, Acetonitrile was used as mobile phase in Eclipce XDB C18 column (150mm × 4.6mm, 5µm). Derivatizing reagent volume, derivatization reaction heating time, and temperature was evaluated as variables in the DoE. The wavelength for all amino acids is 222nm. Conclusively DoE as an efficient tool for optimization of dansylation reaction for the separation of L-Cysteine and L-Cystine in presence of amino acids. Method development was established and the design is validated. The proposed method has adequate reproducibility, specificity and accurate for the estimation of L-Cystine and L-Cystine in the presence of amino acids in routine analysis.
Cite this article:
A. Suneetha, B. Chandra Sekhar, K. Sudheer Babu. DOE Assisted RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Estimation of L-Cysteine and Cystine with Dansyl Chloride derivatization in Presence of Amino Acid Mixture. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2022; 12(1):35-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2022.00007
A. Suneetha, B. Chandra Sekhar, K. Sudheer Babu. DOE Assisted RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Estimation of L-Cysteine and Cystine with Dansyl Chloride derivatization in Presence of Amino Acid Mixture. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2022; 12(1):35-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2022.00007 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-1-7
1. De Vries N, De Flora S. N‐acetyl‐l‐cysteine. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 1993;53(S17F):270-7.
2. Yin J, Ren W, Yang G, Duan J, Huang X, Fang R, Li C, Li T, Yin Y, Hou Y, Kim SW. l‐Cysteine metabolism and its nutritional implications. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research. 2016 Jan;60(1):134-46.
3. Shakti Prasanna Sahoo, Bharat Bhusan Subudhi, Rachana Swain. Synthesis and Evaluation of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity of Conjugates of Amino Acids with N-Aroyl- N, N′-Dicyclohexyl Urea. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(9): Sept, 2011; Page 1485-1488.
4. Rakshith Shetty, Nayanabhirama Udupa, Srinivas Mutalik, Vijay Kulkarni, Vinay Rao. Mechanisms and Therapeutics of N-acetylcysteine: A Recent Update. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(5):2584-2588.
5. Fisher RA. Design of experiments. Br Med J. 1936 Mar 14;1(3923):554-.
6. Antony J. Design of Experiments for Engineers and Scientists. Elsevier; 2014 Feb 22.
7. Aditee Mishal, Sudha Rathod. Quality by Design: A New Era of Development of Quality in Pharmaceuticals. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 7(5): May, 2014; Page 581-591.
8. Kotta Kranthi Kumar. Importance of Critical Quality Attributes in Biopharmaceuticals Development. Research J. Topical and Cosmetic Sci.10(1):29-33.
9. Vrushali R. Kadam, M. P. Patil, Vrushali V. Pawar, Sanjay Kshirsagar. A Review on: Quality by Design (QbD). Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2017; 7(4):197-204.
10. D. Krishna Veni, N. Vishal Gupta. Quality by Design approach in the development of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles of Linagliptin. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2019; 12(9):4454-4462.
11. Fahime Mohammad Abadi, Arezoo Mirfazeli et al., Analysis of Plasma Amino Acids Using RP-HPLC and Pre-Column Derivatization with OPA/3-MPA, Medical Laboratory Journal, 10 (2016), 52-27.
12. Suneetha A, Raja RK. Comparison of LC‐UV and LC–MS methods for simultaneous determination of teriflunomide, dimethyl fumarate and fampridine in human plasma: application to rat pharmacokinetic study. Biomedical Chromatography. 2016 Sep;30(9):1371-7.
13. Donepudi S, Achanta S. Simultaneous estimation of saxagliptin and dapagliflozin in human plasma by validated high performance liquid chromatography-UltraViolet method. Turkish Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2019 Jun;16(2):227.
14. Kubec R, Dadáková E. Chromatographic methods for determination of S-substituted cysteine derivatives—A comparative study. Journal of Chromatography A. 2009 Oct 9;1216(41):6957-63.
15. R Anusha Naik, Ajay Kumar D., M. Venkatesh. Method Development and Validation of Taurine and Acetyl Cysteine by Using RP -HPLC Method. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2018; 8(4):223-235.
16. Janhavi Dabir, Elizabeth Mary Mathew, Sudheer Moorkoth. Analytical Method Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of N-acetyl cysteine and Cefexime from its Fixed Dose Combination. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2016; 9(7):835-842.
17. Paras Virani, Rajanit Sojitra, Hasumati Raj, Vineet Jain. Atorvastatin: A Review on Analytical Method and Its Determination in Pharmaceuticals and Biological Matrix. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 5(3): July- Sept. 2015; Page 151-160.
18. Q8(R2) Pharmaceutical Development.
19. Wang Y, Kang XJ, Ge WH, Sun XZ, Peng J. Simple, rapid, and accurate RP-HPLC method for determination of cystine in human urine after derivatization with dansyl chloride. Chromatographia. 2007 May;65(9):527-32.
20. Minocha, R. and Long, S., 2004. Simultaneous separation and quantitation of amino acids and polyamines of forest tree tissues and cell cultures within a single high-performance liquid chromatography run using dansyl derivatization. Journal of Chromatography A, 1035(1), pp.63-73.
21. Herrndobler A. Determination of amino acids in an infusion solution by reversed‐phase HPLC and pre‐column dansyl chloride derivatization. Journal of High-Resolution Chromatography. 1986 Oct;9(10):602-4.
22. Sherovski P, Stefova M, Ristovska N. Simultaneous RP-HPLC-DAD determination of dansyl amino acids in chemically treated human hair. Macedonian Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. 2018 Dec 3; 37(2):135-44.
25. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) harmonized tripartite guideline. Validation of analytical procedures: Text and methodology Q2 (R1) ICH, Geneva, and Nov (2005).
26. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) harmonized tripartite guideline. Pharmaceutical Development Q8 (R2) ICH, Geneva, and Aug (2009).
27. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) harmonized tripartite guideline. Quality Risk Management Q9 ICH, Geneva, and Nov (2005).
28. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) harmonized tripartite guideline. Pharmaceutical Quality System Q10 ICH, Geneva, and Jun (2008).
29. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) harmonized tripartite guideline. Development and manufacture of drug substances (Chemical Entities and Biotechnological/Biological entities) Q11 ICH, Geneva, and May (2012).
30. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) harmonized tripartite guideline. Technical and regulatory considerations for pharmaceutical Product Lifecycle Management Q12 ICH Draft Version, Geneva, and Nov (2017)
31. Praveen Radhakrishnan, Shinu Chacko. Risk Management in Pharmaceutical Development: A Short Review. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2018; 8(3): 185-190.