Chemical composition of the essential oil of aerial parts of Artemisia nilagirica (Clarke) of western Himalaya were analyzed by GC–FID and GC–MS. The chemical constituents of essential oil composition of aerial parts of Artemisia nilagirica was dominated by artemisia ketone (55.07%), ß-Caryophyllene (6.5%), Germacrene D (5.8%), Perillene (3.2%).
Cite this article:
Rakesh Kumar Joshi. Chemical Constituents of Artemisia nilagirica (Clarke) from Western Himalaya of Uttrakhand, India. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(4):182-184. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2020.00033.2
Rakesh Kumar Joshi. Chemical Constituents of Artemisia nilagirica (Clarke) from Western Himalaya of Uttrakhand, India. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(4):182-184. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2020.00033.2 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-10-4-2
1. Kehimkar I (2000). In: Common Indian Wild Flowers. Bombay Natural Historical Society. Oxford University Press.
2. Joshi RK, Padalia RC, Mathela CS (2010). Phenyl alkynes rich essential oil of Artemisia capillaris Natural Product Communication 5: 816-817.
3. Joshi RK (2015). Volatile oils composition of Artemisia japonica Thunb. from Western Himalaya of Uttarakhand. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 3(5): 96-97.
4. Adams RP (2007). Identification of essential oil components by gas chromatography/mass spectroscopy, Allured Publishing Corporation, Carol Stream, IL, USA.
5. Padalia RC, Verma RS, Chauhan A, Chanotiya CS (2014). Seasonal Variation in Essential oil Composition of Artemisia nilagirica var. septentrionalis from Foot Hills of Western Himalaya. Rec. Nat. Prod 8 (3): 281-285.
6. Kishmu Lingan (2018). Antifungal Activity of Artemisia Nilagirica Essential Oil from the Western Ghats Nilgiris against Food Borne Fungi. J Appl Microbiol Biochem. Vol.2 No.2:6.
7. Sati SC, Sati N, Ahluwalia V, Walia S, Sati OP (2013) Chemical composition and antifungal activity of Artemisa nilagirica essential oil growing in northern hilly areas of India. Nat Prod Res 27: 45-48.