N. Sudarshan Rao, Budda Leena
N. Sudarshan Rao*, Budda Leena
1Department of Pharmaceutics, Pulipati Prasad College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Telangana, India.
2Department of Pharmacology, Browns College of Pharmacy, Telangana, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
Olmesartan is an angiotensin II antagonist used in the treatment of hypertension. In present investigation an attempt was made to develop solid oral formulation of Olmesartan. The purpose of this study was to develop the formulation as immediate release tablet of Olmesartan by using excipients by design of experiment. Tablets were prepared by using direct compression method. In HPLC study of Olmesartan the correlation coefficient was found to be 0.993 at 296 nm at flow rate of 0.7 ml/min at injection volume of 5 ?L Tablets were evaluated for hardness, thickness, dissolution calibration study, drug content and all the in-vitro studies were performed using USP apparatus type II All in-vitro studies were carried out using Phosphate buffer at 37°C ± 0.5°C. The optimized formulation showed in- vitro drug release of 96. 80 % at the end of 60 min. Comparing to other ARB’s drug shows high affinity Angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptors has long duration of action. Olmesartan has longest half life of 24 hrs where, T max is 0.5 – 1 hr, and it was so rapidly achieving desired plasma concentrations. Stability studies were carried out according to ICH guidelines. All the results were obtained within given ICH limits.
Cite this article:
N. Sudarshan Rao, Budda Leena. Process Optimization and Evaluation of Immediate Release Tablet containing Benzimidazoles. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2023; 13(3):180-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2023.00029
N. Sudarshan Rao, Budda Leena. Process Optimization and Evaluation of Immediate Release Tablet containing Benzimidazoles. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2023; 13(3):180-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2023.00029 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-3-5
1. Phuong H.L. T., Huyen T.T.T., Beom J. L. Modulation of microenvironmental pH and crystallinity of ionizable Olmesartan using alkalizers in solid dispersions for controlled release. Journal of Controlled Release. 2008; 129: 59–65.
2. Ando K, Isshiki M and Takahashi K. Effect of switching from Amlodipine to combination therapy with Olmesartan and low-dose Hydrochlorothiazide. Hypertension Research. 2009; 32: 748–752.
5. Heo M.Y., Piao Z.Z., Kim T.W., Cao Q.R., Kim A., Lee B.J. Effect of solubilizing and microemulsifying excipients in polyethylene glycol 6000 solid dispersion on enhanced dissolution and bioavailability of ketoconazole. Archives of Pharmacal Research. 2005; 28(5): 604–611.
6. Rath Seemanchala, Gupta Bijan Kumar, Bala Nripendra Nath, Dhal Harish Chandra. Formulation and Optimisation of Immediate Release Olmesartan Tablets Using Full Factorial Design, International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics, 2011; 3(3): 20-24.
7. Dodd JW and Tonge KH. Analytical Chemistry by Open Learning, Thermal Methods. Wiley India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi. 2008; 110: 123-126.
8. Haur Rahman, Deb Pulak. Formulation Evaluation and Optimization of Immediate Release tablet of Aceclofenac by Direct Compression Method. International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research. 2017; 9(3): 118-122.
9. Kumar Rajiv, Nain Parminder, Kaur Jaspreet, Saini Vipin and Soni Varinder. Formulation and Evaluation of Immediate Release Tablets of Allopurinol. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Research. 2016; 6(2): 238
10. Kumar Saurabh, Gupta Pravin, Dev Rahul. Formulation and Evaluation of Immediate Release Tablet of Olmesartan. International Journal of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2013; 1(8):510-515.