The accurate, precise, sensitive and economical spectrophotometric bioanalytical method was developed and validated for estimation of candesartan in plasma. The UV method was also employed for estimation of candesartan in bulk drug and in dosage form. The absorption maximum found for candesartan was 245nm. The correlation coefficient was found to be 0.999. The mean recovery for candesartan was found to be 99.92%. The developed method was validated according to ICH guidelines and values of accuracy, precision and other statistical analysis were found to be in good accordance with the prescribed values. Thus the proposed method was successfully applied for estimation of candesartan in plasma and for routine industrial work.
Cite this article:
Ware Agasti L., Pekamwar S. S. Development and Validation of Bioanalytical UV-Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Candesartan and Development and Validation of UV-Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Candesartan in Bulk Drug and Formulation. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(2):79-3. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00015
Ware Agasti L., Pekamwar S. S. Development and Validation of Bioanalytical UV-Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Candesartan and Development and Validation of UV-Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Candesartan in Bulk Drug and Formulation. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(2):79-3. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00015 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-2-5
1. Gunjan Kalyani and Vishal S Deshmukh Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation for The Estimation of Candesartan by Derivative Spectroscopy (First Order).2017; ISSN0975 -8232
2. D Vijaya Bharathi 1, Kishore Kumar Hotha, Pankaj K Chatki, V Satyanarayana, V. Venkateswarlu LC-MS/MS Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Candesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide in Human Plasma and Its Use in Clinical Pharmacokinetics .2012 Jun; 4(10): 1195-204
3. Mohan Gandhi Bonthu, Lakshmana Rao Atmakuri, Venkateswara Rao Jangala Simultaneous determination of candesartan and hydrochlorothiazide in human plasma by LC-MS/MS. 2018; 54(1): e17381
4. Ashok K. Peepliwal, Chandrakant G. Bonde, Krishnapriya MOHANRAJ Bioanalytical Method Development and its Validation for determination df Candesartan Cilexetil by High Performance Liquid Chromatography with UV detection. 2010; 52(3): 247-253.
5. Bhupinder Singh, Rama S. Lokhandae, Ashish Dwivedi, Sandeep Sharma, and Naveen Dubey Improved simultaneous quantitation of candesartan and hydrochlorthiazide in human plasma by UPLC–MS/MS and its application in bioequivalence studies. 2014 Apr; 4(2): 144–152.
6. Shantanu Bandyopadhyay, Lohit Bhuria and Devi Lal An Explicit Review on Quantitative Estimation of Candesartan Cilexetil Employing Various Analytical Techniques. 2013, 4: 6; 1-7
7. Shailesh T. Prajapati Pratik K. Patel Vijendra B. Chauhan Chhaganbhai N. Patel Development and validation of the liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for quantitative estimation of candesartan from human plasma. 2(2); 2011; 130-134
8. G. Raveendra Babu, J. Srinivasa Rao, K. Suresh kumar, P. Jayachandra Reddy. Stability Indicating Liquid Chromatographic Method for Aripiprazole. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 1(1): Jan.-Mar. 2011; Page 03-07.
9. Jinal N. Tandel, Radhika V. Bhatt, Nilam M. Patel, Samir K. Shah. Practical Implication of Stability Indicating Chromatographic Method for Estimation of Clomipramine Hydrochloride and its Related Substances from Capsule Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2017; 7(2): 100-112.
10. Kirthi A, Shanmugam R, Mohana Lakshmi S, Ashok Kumar CK, Padmini K, Shanti Prathyusha M, Shilpa V. Analytical Method Development and Validation of a Stability-indicating RP-HPLC Method for the Analysis of Danazol in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2016; 6(4): 227-234.
11. Kumaraswamy. Gandla, D. Sudheer Kumar, Joru Praveen, Emmadi Suman. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Lignocaine Hydrochloride and Clotrimazole Hydrochloride in Ear Drops. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2017; 7(3): 163-168. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675
12. Sushil D. Patil, Sayali K. Chaure, Sanjay Kshirsagar. Development and validation of UV spectrophotometric method for Simultaneous estimation of Empagliflozin and Metformin hydrochloride in bulk drugs. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2017; 7(2): 117-123.
13. Rucha K. Patel, Nilam M. Patel, Samir K. Shah. Development and Validation of Analytical methods for Simultaneous Estimation of Ferrous Ascorbate and Folic Acid in their combined dosage form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 5(3): July- Sept. 2015; Page 126-132.
14. Sushil D. Patil, Sunil V. Amurutkar, C.D. Upasani. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Empagliflozin. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2016; 6(4): 201-206.
15. Agrawal O.D, Telang N.B. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Benfotiamine in Bulk and Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2016; 6(3): 133-137.
16. K. Pramod, Shahid H. Ansari, Javed Ali. UV Spectrophotometric Method for the Quantification of Eugenol during in Vitro Release Studies. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 3(3): July-Sept. 2013; Page 86-89.
17. Pinaz A. Kasad, K.S. Muralikrishna. Design and Validation of Dissolution Profile of Rivaroxaban by Using RP-HPLC Method in Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 3(3): July-Sept. 2013; Page 75-78.
18. ICH topic Q2B, validation of analytical procedure & methodology, The European agency for evaluation of medicinal products, human medicines evaluation unit 1996.
19. ICH: Q2A, Text on validation of analytical procedure (October 1994).