Sushil D. Patil, Pravin B. Shelke, Priti Aher, Maswood Ahmed Hafizur Rahman
Dr. Sushil D. Patil2*, Pravin B. Shelke1*, Priti Aher1, Maswood Ahmed Hafizur Rahman1
1MET’s Institute of Pharmacy, MET League of Colleges, Bhujbal Knowledge City, Adgaon, Nashik, Maharashtra State 422003, India.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, MET's Institute of Pharmacy, Bhujbal Knowledge City, Adgaon Nashik, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
A simple, rapid, economic, sensitive and precise HPLC method has been developed for the simultaneous determination of Sulphadoxine and Pyrimethamine in pharmaceutical dosage form by taking Tolterodine as an internal standard. The method was carried out using Phenomenex C18 (4.6ID × 250mm; 5µm) column and mobile phase comprised of methanol and Phosphate Buffer in proportion of ratio 60:40 v/v. The flow rate was 1.0mL/min and detection was carried out at 276nm. The retention time of Sulphadoxine, Pyrimethamine and Tolterodine were found to be 2.967, 4.058 and 6.908 respectively. Linearity of Sulphadoxine and Pyrimethamine in the range of 2 to 12µg/mL and 4 to 24µg/mL respectively. The % recoveries of Sulphadoxine and Pyrimethamine were found to be in between 99.93% to 99. 96 % respectively. The proposed method is suitable for the routine quality control analysis for simultaneous determination of Sulphadoxine and Pyrimethamine was in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form.
Cite this article:
Sushil D. Patil, Pravin B. Shelke, Priti Aher, Maswood Ahmed Hafizur Rahman. Simultaneous determination of Sulphadoxine and Pyrimethamine by taking Tolterodine as an internal standard in Pharmaceutical dosage form by RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(2):145-0. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00025
Sushil D. Patil, Pravin B. Shelke, Priti Aher, Maswood Ahmed Hafizur Rahman. Simultaneous determination of Sulphadoxine and Pyrimethamine by taking Tolterodine as an internal standard in Pharmaceutical dosage form by RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(2):145-0. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00025 Available on: https://ajpaonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-2-15
1. Christen GD. Analytical Chemistry. 5th ed. John Wiley and Sons; 2003; 35-42, 131-132.
2. Sharma BK. Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis. 25th ed. Meerut: Goel Publication Co; 1983; 3: 6.
3. Skoog DA, Holler FJ, Crouch SR. Principle of Instrumental Analysis. 6th ed. India: Thomson Publications; 2007; 1-3: 145-147, 180.
4. ICH, Q2 (R1); Validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology. International Conference on Harmonization, Geneva; 2005; 1- 13.
5. Nash R.; Pharmaceutical Process Validation; 3rd edition; Marcel Dekker Publication; New York; 107; 2002: 340-370.
6. K S Nataraj, K Chaitanya, K Alekhya, B. Surendra Babu, K Gnananath. Simultaneous estimation of Sulfadoxine and Pyrimethamine in Bulk and tablet dosage form. International Journal of Environmental Chemistry and Chromatography 2015(1): 8-14
7. B. Hari babu, Kasthuri Jyoti K, Satyanarayana P.V.V, Kumari Kusuma M.A validated liquid chromatographic method for the Determination of Sulfadoxine and Pyrimethamine in pharmaceutical formulation. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2014; 3(10): 1032-1042.
8. Vemula Venkata Raveendra Babu, Sharma Pankaj Kumar V, Singhvi Indrajit. HPLC method development and validation of simultaneous estimation of sulfadoxine and pyrimethamine in Tablet dosage form. International Journal of Pharma Sciences 2013; 3(4): 295-298.
9. Ambalkar S. U, Bakal R. L, Dewani A. P, Chandewar A. V. HPLC-DAD determination of Sulfadoxine, Pyrimethamine and Artisunate in a kit of Tablets, validation and application in vitro dissolution study. International Journal of Drug Formulation and Research 2013; 4(5).