Amitkumar J. Vyas, Dhruvanshi A. Gol, Ajay I. Patel, Ashok B. Patel, Nilesh K. Patel, Alpesh Chudasama
Dr. Amitkumar J. Vyas1, Dhruvanshi A. Gol1*, Dr. Ajay I. Patel1, Dr. Ashok B. Patel1, Dr. Nilesh K. Patel1, Alpesh Chudasama2
1Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Department, B.K. Mody Government Pharmacy College, Rajkot, Gujarat, India.
2Amneal Pharmaceutical Pvt. Ltd., 1 New England Avenue, Piscataway, NJ 07936, USA.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
Aim: Principle motive behind this work is to develop accurate, precise, simple, specific and rapid stress degradation kinetic method of Tadalafil using UV spectrophotometer. Method: Estimation was carried out at 284 nm using UV spectrophotometer and methanol as a diluent. Stress degradation kinetic study was performed in different conditions like acid hydrolysis, base hydrolysis, oxidative, thermal and UV degradation. This method was validated for its linearity, accuracy, precision, LOD and LOQ, specificity and repeatability as per the ICH guideline recommendations. Results: Calibration curve for Tadalafil was found linear over a concentration range of 4 to 40 µg/ml. Force degradation kinetic study was performed from 0 to 24 hrs at room temperature, with the percentage degradation shows within the acceptable limits of 10 to 40 % of degradation, and this method was validated as per ICH guideline Q2 (R1). The aforementioned method additionally was successfully used for the analysis of bulk as well as tablet dosage form without any interference. Conclusion: The present work provides complete study of Tadalafil which is based on kinetic stress degradation by UV Spectrophotometry. The degradation kinetic study was shown satisfactory results in different stress condition. The proposed method was cost beneficial and specified for estimation of marketed formulation without any interference.
Cite this article:
Amitkumar J. Vyas, Dhruvanshi A. Gol, Ajay I. Patel, Ashok B. Patel, Nilesh K. Patel, Alpesh Chudasama. A Stress Degradation Kinetic Study of Tadalafil Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form by UV Spectrophotometry. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(4):177-181. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2020.00032.0
1. Indian pharmacopoeia. Government of India. Vol-II. Ghaziabad: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Published by the Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission. 2018; pp 3555 - 3556.
2. Barnes PJ. Pulmonary Pharmacology. In Goodman and Gilman`s. The pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Edited by Hardman JG and Limbird LE. McGraw-Hill, New York. 2011; 12thEd: pp. 1031-1065.
3. Swarbrick J. Pharmaceutical Tech, Inc. Pinehurst, North Carolina, Pharmaceutical Stress Testing Predicting Drug Degradation, pp: 1 – 2.
4. ICH [Stability Testing of New Drug Substance and Product (Q1AR2), International Council for Harmonisation, Food and Drug Administration, USA.November 1996 and February 2005; P 1-24.
5. Blessy M et al. Development of force degradation and stability indicating studies of drugs – A review. Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2014; 4:159 -165.
6. Singh S and Bakshi M. Guidance on Conduct of Stress tests to Determine Inherent Stability of Drugs. Pharmaceutical Technologies. 2000; 1-14.
7. Indian pharmacopoeia. Government of India. Vol-II. Ghaziabad: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Published by the Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission. 2018; pp 3555 - 3556.
8. British Pharmacopoeia. Vol- II. Published by British pharmacopoeia commission. 2017; pp-3001.
9. United states of pharmacopeia 39th revision, National formulary 34. VoL-II. Rockville: Published by United States pharmacopeial convention Inc. 2016; pp 5991.
10. Kumar A et al. RP – HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of sildenafil citrate and Tadalafil in tablet dosage form. international Journal of Advance Research and Development.2018; 3(4): 326-330.
11. Ghadge O, Samant M and Khale A. Determination of solubility of Tadalafil by shake flask method by employing validated HPLC analytical method. world Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2015;4(7): 1370 – 1382.
12. Giri AD, Bhanusari VK. And Dhaneshwar SR. Validated HPLC method for simultaneous quantitation of Tadalafil and dapoxetine hydrochloride in bulk drug and formulation. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science. 2012; 4 (2): 654 - 658.
13. Jhanwar B et al. RP – HPLC method for estimation of dapoxetine hydrochloride and Tadalafil hydrochloride as API and in tablet dosage form. American Journal of pharmtech Research. 2013; 3(3): 758-768.
14. Rajeshwari M, Chenthilnathan A and Rama K. Validated RP- HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Tadalafil and dapoxetine hydrochloride in combined pharmaceutical dosage forms. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Science. 2014; 4(2): 72 – 82.
15. SutarAS et al. RP-HPLC Estimation of tadalafil in tablet dosage form. International Journal of Chemical Science. 2008; 6(2): 1223-1227.
16. Sonawane PH, Panzade PS and KaleMA. Rapid estimation of Tadalafil by RP – HPLC method in bulk and tablet formulation. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science. 2013; 75(2): 230-233.
17. Bojanapu A et al. Validation and method development of Tadalafil in bulk and tablet dosage form by RP – HPLC. Drug research. 2015; 65: 82 – 85.
18. Unnisa A et al. RP – HPLC – PDA method development and validation for the analysis of Tadalafil in bulk, pharmaceutical dosage forms and in vitro dissolution sample. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2014; 4(12): 072-076.
19. Baokar S et al. Analytical method development and validation for estimation of sildenafil citrate from tablet dosage form by using RP-HPLC. Int. J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2011; 2(2): 130-136.
20. Shiekh RE et al. Spectrophotometric estimation of Vardenafil HCL and Tadalafil in pure forms and tablets using cerium (IV) ammonium sulphate. ScholarsResearch Library. 2016; 8(15): 153 – 165.
21. Fraihat S. Spectrophotometric methods for the determination of Tadalafil in pharmaceutical forms. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical science. 2014; 6 (7): 443-445.
22. Fraihat S. Indirect spectrophotometric methods for the determination of Tadalafil. International Journal of Research in Sciences 2015; 1(2):11-14.
23. Amin G et al. Develpoment and validation of dual wavelength UV spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of Tadalafil and dapoxetine HCL in their combine tablet dosage form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Bio-Science. 2012; 2: 247 – 255.
24. Anandkumar K. et al. Estimation of Tadalafil in bulk and in formulation by UV Visible Spectrophotometry. Asian J. Resarch Chem. 2010; 3(1): 54-57.
25. Raju GHV et al. New UV Visible spectrophotometric Methods for determination of Tadalafil in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. Asian J. Research Chem. 2010; 3(4): 958-960.
26. Baokae S. et al. Validation of simple and rapid UV spectrophotometric method with stress degradation study for Sildenafil citrate. Research J. Pharm. And Tech. 2012; 5(2): 214-218.
27. Shaza A and Saukar AA. Spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of depoxetine and some Phospho diestarase – 5 inhibitors in new combination. Resarch J. Pharm. And Tech. 2019; 12(11): 5193-5198.
28. Saukar AA and Shaza A. Simple and Sensitive spectrophotometric determination of Sildenafil citrate in pharmaceutical formulation. Research J. Pharm. And Tech. 2017; 10(12): 4242-4246.
29. Hiremath R et al. Development and validation of UV spectrophotometric area under curve (AUC) method for sildenafil citrate in pharmaceutical formulation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2016; 9(3): 235-237.
30. Patel JK. and Patel NK. Stability indicating RP- HPLC method for the determination of ambrisentan and Tadalafil in pharmaceutical dosage form. Sci Pharm. 2014;82: 749 – 763.
31. Kharat SS, Andale SP and Saudagar RB. Development and validation of a stability indicating RP- HPLC method for analysis of Tadalafil in bulk and tablet dosage form. European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2017; 4(2): 149 – 153.
32. Reddy BP, Reddy KA and Reddy MS. Validation and stability indicating RP- HPLC method for the determination of Tadalafil API in pharmaceutical Formulation. Research in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. 2010; 2(1): 001-006.
33. Kannappan N et al. Method development and validation of stability indicating methods for assay of Tadalafil and sildenafil citrate by HPLC. International Journal of ChemTech Research 2010; 2(1): 329- 333.
34. Sankar M and Arulantony S.A. Stability indicating RP – HPLC method for the estimation of Tadalafil in oral jelly dosage Forms. Indian Journal of Research 2013; 7(1): 19-22.
35. Raju GHV et al. Stability indicating fast LC method for determination of Tadalafil and its. intermediates in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. Asian J. of Research Chem. 2010; 3(2): 447-453.
36. Lydia RK. A sensitive and simple HPLC method for quantification of tadalafil in human serum. The Journal of Applied Research. 2006; 6(1): 170-174.
37. Raju GHV et al. Development and validation of an HPLC method for analysis of Tadalafil in human plasma. Asian J. Research Chem. 2011; 4(8): 1334-1339.
38. Kim KY et al. Validated UPLC- MS/MS method for the determination of Tadalafil in human plasma and its application to a pharmacokinetic study. Transl Clin Pharmacol. 2017; 25(1): 21-27.
39. Nikolaou P et al. Development and validation of a GC/MS method for the determination of Tadalafil in whole blood. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2011; 56: 577 – 581.
40. Demirel G et al. Quality by Design approach for an orally disintegrating tablet analytical method validation. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Drug Research 2018; 10(1): 12 – 19.
41. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, Topic Q2 (R1) Validation of Analytical Procedure: Text and Methodology, International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), Geneva, Switzerland. 2005; pp 1-6.